Sunday, July 20, 2014

Music & My Life

They say you can tell a lot about a person when you look at the music on their iPod. In order to see how accurate this actually is, I put my iTunes on shuffle. Here are the first 15 that came on, without skipping a single one.

1. The Bastards, The Vultures, The Wolves - The Wonder Years
The Wonder Years are completely wonderful. Seeing them live probably changed my life a little. If I had to describe my taste in music using 3 artists, TWY would definitely be one of them.

2. My Lighthouse - Rend Collective
Ever since seeing this band live, I've loved their style. I've been trying really hard to listen to more Christian music because I've found that I really enjoy the stuff that I already have on my phone. These guys are one of my favorites. 10/10 would definitely recommend.

3. Million Dollar Houses (The Painter) - Pierce The Veil
Actually, I don't 100% know this song. PTV is one of those bands I was obsessed with for like, a month, but never bothered to learn every single song they've ever released. But of course I have it all on my phone, you know, just in case.

4. Complexes - Tonight Alive
I've discovered a weird love for female-fronted bands after hearing TA for the first time. Jenna McDougall is queen. Not to mention, they're Australian. Who doesn't love foreign bands?

5. Pompeii - Bastille
Come one, who doesn't have this song on their phone? #1 radio guilty pleasure, right here.

6. Holy Ground - Taylor Swift
I'm pretty sure there's a crazy high statistic about every teenage girl having Taylor Swift songs on their iPod. I can't relate to any of her songs but they're definitely super catchy. Plus she's an adorable human. Definitely in my top favorite solo artists.

7. Self-Conclusion - The Spill Canvas
Such a quality band, The Spill Canvas is. I honestly only started listening to them because one of my favorite bands talked about them all of the time, and I've only been completely impressed so far. This song is so beautiful yet so sad at the same time. And I love that.

8.  My Last Semester - The Wonder Years
TWY round two. Duh. They're great. This song is great. One of my favorites on this list for sure.

9. Lucky - Action Item
I used to be like, totally obsessed with Action Item back in my Allstar Weekend days. This song is over a year old but I don't think I could ever delete any their stuff even though I hardly listen to it. The entire Resolution album was definitely a good one. I listened to it in my car every day for a few months when it came out, during my senior year of high school.

10. Fall Down (feat. Miley Cyrus) - will.i.am
WELL DUH. If you know anything about me at all, it's that I'm in love with Miley Cyrus. Of course I have every single piece of mp3 greatness that she has graced with her outstanding vocal chords with, on my phone. Despite the fact that it's not actually her song, it's a total jam.

11. Hold On, We're Going Home feat. Majid Jordan - Drake
Okay, let's be honest. I make fun of people who listen to Drake all of the time. But I also may or may not have all of his albums. And I may or may not secretly listen to them all of the time. He's okay, I guess.

12. Keep You With Me - Hot Chelle Rae
Hot Chelle Rae?? This is usually a song I would skip on shuffle. I think keeping their music on my phone is because I refuse to let go of bands that used to be one of my favorites - no matter how long ago it was when I was into them.

13. Miss Jackson ft. Lolo - Panic! At The Disco
I LOVE PANIC! AT THE DISCO. Interesting that this song was one of the first on shuffle, it's one of the best off their newest album. I remember the first time I heard this song.. Ha ha ha. Interesting story. Remind me to tell you about it sometime.. Maybe, if you're lucky.

14. Violet - Paradise Fears
PF is definitely my favorite band and I'm honestly surprised they only came up once in the first fifteen. Violet is an older song of theirs - their music has taken a different route in the past year but I've obviously kept their old stuff. Because it's literal gold.

15. A Wake (feat. Evan Roman) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Literally do not underestimate my love for Macklemore. I can probably recite every single lyric of his right on point if you ask me nicely. 100% favorite rapper in the entire game. No need for further discussion.

To an extent, I think this is a pretty accurate description of my taste in music. From bands I was obsessed with in high school, to rap, to Taylor Swift and alternative/ pop punk, that just about sums it up.
On the other hand, this list seems to lack Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice And Men, The Summer Set, Megan & Liz, plus so many more other diverse bands/ artists that I listen to on a regular basis. I don't want to be that kid and say I listen to all types of music, but I'm definitely not opposed to trying anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment